Tuesday, March 31, 2009

In the beginning

There comes a time when every blogger has a first post; this is mine. The goal of this blog is to help me grow into a better photographer and citizen. Many blogs focus on technique. Others focus on business practices. Some are geared toward self-promotion. (Unfortunately, there is hardly a photographer these days who doesn't need to toot his/her own horn.) Too many friends have told me that my blog is overdue, but why blog without a purpose? I'm still developing my web goals. Today's redesign of my website is nudging me toward this blog.

Having shot and developed film, learning digital photography was akin to learning a new language or dialect. The learning curve has been fascinating and fun. Surely I've hit a speed bump or two, but without them I wouldn't know the satisfaction of my current challenges.

Along with local events, portraits and landscapes, I have two documentaries I'm working on. I don't want to discuss them publicly until they are closer to completion. Yet, one of the issues I'd like to take up is the "why" of photography. The camera is such a powerful tool in recording history and effecting change. While I love making beautiful images, given the choice, I'd be content to make a meaningful image - one that can help to improve someone's lot in life.

I welcome your suggestions. I don't know where this (blogging) journey is headed but I'm on my way.

Please let me know if you have any questions.








IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL photographs on this blog are copyrighted. All rights are reserved. No permission is granted to use, copy or distribute these photographs without express written consent by me, Connie Drapeau Kennedy. There are no exceptions. Thank you for honoring the time, care, investment and work that go into the making of these images. Thank you for honoring the United States Copyright Law. It's faster and less expensive to contact me for license to use an image than it is to pay legal and copyright infringement fines.

No comments:

Post a Comment